Sunday 9 October 2016

DJ Ridym - Lovers Rock 3


Hi mixtapers I'm back once again with the latest installment of my Lovers Rock compilations. This time I start the mix with the undisputed queen of lovers rock miss Janet Kay and her timeless classic  Silly Games. An anthem which has stood the test of time and keeps getting better. Janet is currently touring the UK along with fellow lovers rock ambassadors Victor Romero-Evans and Carroll Thompson with their Lovers Rock Monologues show mixing their songs with some comic story telling of those days when Lovers Rock was riding high in the UK reggae scene and which saw popular Jamaican artists such as Dennis Brown and Sugar Minott head to the UK to be a part of it.

Carroll Thompson, Donna Rhoden and Carol Gonzales firm up the rest of the mix and then I sign it off sweetly with a couple of recent productions in Calvin - 2am and Dean Fraser - Girfriend.

Hope you enjoy and I'll be back real soon with some more reggae vibes but until then be sure to check out DJ's Grizz and SoulnRnB.

Peace

1. Janet Kay - Silly Games
2. Donna Rhoden - I've Fallen In Love
3. Karen Dixon - I like Your Name
4. Carol Thompson - Hoplessly In Love
5. Carol Gonzales - Spoilt By Your Love
6. Teddy Lincoln - If It's Love That You've Been Looking For
7. Intense - The Very Best
8. Dean Fraser - Girlfriend
9. Calvin - 2AM 


No comments: