Sunday 26 May 2013

DJ Grizz- New Funk 13

As I sit here typing I do believe I can see the sun peering through the window and not before time in London! So before I venture out I better lay some New Funk grooves on you with Vol.13.

Includes the UKs Speedometer, perennial Aussie funkers The Bamboos, then from left field veteran funk godfathers Reuben Wilson & Bernie Worrall give us a killer from there 2004 Beastie Boys project CD, some Brazilian Hammond from Ari Borger, a seriously good track from the Alan Evans Trio (Alan being the Soulive drummer so impeccable pedigree there!), and finally a cover of an old rock tune by Charles Bradley (and you really must catch his Soul of America Documentary if you haven't already).

I'm off to the park to kick a ball at my budding goalkeeper son and will catch you in a weeks time although no doubt Mr S will bring you back an RnB present from sunny Mexico real soon.

Grizz   
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/24213523/file.html On the Spot trio- Suction
Speedometer- Pucker Up
The Bamboos- Transcend me
Reuben Wilson, Bernie Worrell- Brass Monkey
Ari Borger Quartet- Acid Groove
Dojo Cuts ft Roxie Ray- You make lovin real easy
The Jive turkeys- The Funky Turkey
Alan Evans Trio- Authority
The Transatlantics- A man like that
Charles Bradley- Heart of Gold

No comments: