Monday, 7 November 2011

DJ Grizz - Jerry Butler mix

Its time for the next installment in our series of artist specials and today its the the 'iceman' Jerry Butler. A career that started with The Impressions in the 50's, to a prolific solo 60's output and then continued success through the 70's and early 80's there was a large back catalogue of quality stuff to choose from!

The mix includes boogie tunes, 2 steppers and ballads that Mr Butler could handle with equal ease with tracks like Cooling Out, Don't Let This Smile Fool You, a stirring version of This Is Your Life and topped off with a tune that gets played a lot at chez Grizz- Melinda Latina.



I'll be back with more Soul goodies next week after SoulNRnB's end of week musical interlude. PS As I mentioned last week my older mixes are being deleted at an alarming rate by my previous file host so let me know if you need any 're-ups'!




Grizz






Tracklist in comments
Post a Comment