Monday 7 November 2011

DJ Grizz - Jerry Butler mix

Its time for the next installment in our series of artist specials and today its the the 'iceman' Jerry Butler. A career that started with The Impressions in the 50's, to a prolific solo 60's output and then continued success through the 70's and early 80's there was a large back catalogue of quality stuff to choose from!

The mix includes boogie tunes, 2 steppers and ballads that Mr Butler could handle with equal ease with tracks like Cooling Out, Don't Let This Smile Fool You, a stirring version of This Is Your Life and topped off with a tune that gets played a lot at chez Grizz- Melinda Latina.



I'll be back with more Soul goodies next week after SoulNRnB's end of week musical interlude. PS As I mentioned last week my older mixes are being deleted at an alarming rate by my previous file host so let me know if you need any 're-ups'!




Grizz






Tracklist in comments

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Cooling out
Stop stepping on my dreams
Would you mind
Don’t let this smile fool you
You gotta believe in me
Playing on you
Heavy without you
What do you do on a Sunday afternoon
This is your life
Melinda latina