Monday 2 May 2011

DJ Grizz- Soul Heartbreakers

Now i'd like to think we're all about the positive on this site but sometimes we can all recognise the bad times, after all it helps us appreciate the good times even more.



Here's ten of the best old time soul tearjerkers and songs of heartbreak. Includes the falsetto of Aaron Neville, Lamont Dozier, a Teddy P classic, and the queen of the sad song, judging by her tracks in my collection, Esther Phillips. All topped off with a marvellous cover by Tony Sherman.



Thanks for all your birthday wishes, especially on Facebook, as the blog hits 2 years old. Still loads to come from the boxes of me and SoulNRnB!





Grizz



https://rapidshare.com/files/460193261/soulheartbreakers1.mp3


Tracklist in comments




1 comment:

Grizz said...

Aaron Neville- She took you for a ride
Lamont Dozier- All cried out
Lorez Alexandria- I don’t wanna hear it anymore
Teddy Pendergrass- The whole towns laughing at me
Byrdie Green- Don’t make it hurt
Esther Phillips- I hope you’ll be very unhappy without me
The Persuaders- Cant go no further & do no better
King Davis- We all make mistakes sometimes
Dave Love- You painted me blue
Tony Sherman- Sad sweet dreamer