Monday 2 August 2010

DJ Grizz- Lovers Rock Vol. 8

On a Soulful reggae vibe once more this week. I've to say too, I've dug deep for these gems in my Lovers vinyl boxes and my Ion turntable has been working overtime all week converting them to mp3s!

The mix features, amongst others, Rudy Thomas covering a Dionne Warwick rare groove classic (written by Issac Hayes no less), a lovers anthem by Prediction, and fellow East Londoner- Sandra Reid re-works an Odyssey nugget in a Lovers Rock style.

SoulNRnB back next in his 'end of the working week' slot and I'll catch you next week for some rare groove/soul goodies.

Grizz

http://rapidshare.com/files/410333006/lovers8.mp3

Tracklist in comments

3 comments:

Grizz said...

Chanel- You’ve got a gift
Rudy Thomas - Déjà vu
Prediction- The way we were
Sandy Smith- Make it with you
Teddy Lincoln- Don’t play with fire
Tradition- Every little beat of my heart
Victor Romero Evans- Miss attractive
Inner Circle -Groovin in love
Sandra Reid- Don’t tell me tell her
In Crowd- Getting cozy

Unknown said...

Cchhaaaauuunnnzzzzzz! what a selection, i had my own erection section this morning with the hoover and mr Muscle!...thank you for sharing there are a few here that are not in my collection sir...much love an respect.x

Grizz said...

Praise indeed from a fellow crate digger! I'm not sure if Mr Muscle is your cleaning fluid or a pet name for your fella but as long as you enjoyed 'winding' around the front room..... :)