Monday 12 March 2018

DJ Ridym - Old Skool 80's


Back as promised with some old skool 80's tunes for you. Artists like Midnight Express, Cameo, Intrigue, Slave all feature.

Also on this mix is the Sugar Hill Gangs soulful track The Lover In Me which I thought would sound better without the rap and interestingly so did DJ SoulnRnB but an SHG recording without a rap? Well I don't think that was going happen but the song is so tight that for me the rap just doesn't work and spoils the track.

I close the mix with Alexander O'Neal's You Were Meant To Be My Lady. Remember singing along to this and tracks like Fools Paradise and Joy and Pain? The 80's, good times!

1. Midnight Express - Danger Zone
2. Cameo - Don't Be So Cool
3. Kinky Fox - So Different
4. Slave - Watching You
5. Feel - I'd Like To
6. Intrigue - Together Forever
7. Sugar Hill Gang - The Lover In You
8. Alexander O'Neal - You Were Meant To Be My Lady

No comments: