Sunday 25 March 2018

DJ Grizz- The Fatback Band

This weekends ‘artist’ mix is from another one of those great bands who made some monsterously good early 70’s Funk tunes before going on to have commercial dancefloor success in the early 80’s.... ladies and gents- The Fatback band. Formed in1970 by band leader Bill Curtis here’s my favorite Fatback tunes spanning both their 70’s and 80’s work- sorry if your fave isn’t in there!
We start with a Funk masterclass in Wicky Wacky, theres a 70’s club hit in Spanish Hustle, a big 80’s popular single in Girls On My Mind, we’ve one of my beloved Summer grooves in Groovy Kinda Day and we end on the tune no Soul party singalong can do without- I Found Lovin’... plus more Fatback gems to enjoy.
Stay in the groove guys!
Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog
Wicky Wacky
Spanish Hustle
Going to see my baby
Do the bus stop
take it anyway you want it
Girls on my mind
Shining star
Groovy kinda day
I found lovin

No comments: