Back again folks with a new series incorporating good music from those halcyon days of the great British soul institution affectionately known as The Soul Weekender.
Caister, Margate, Prestatyn and Skegness, these were the UK holiday destinations for young and old to escape their 9-5 and get on down to some of the best in soul music listening to DJ's like Chris Hill, Froggy, Greg Edwards and Robbie Vincent providing the good grooves.
Soul Weekender is my tribute to those hard core ravers who endured 48 hours of non-stop dancing, singing and drinking which normally kicks off at the Main Hall but then breaks out into smaller Chalet Raves until the wee hours of the morning where you'd attempt to drag what was left of you and your mates to the local cafe for breakfast before heading to the pool party for some fun and games, I salute you all!
1. Phyllis Hyman - You Know How To Love Me
2. Teena Marie - I Need Your Lovin
3. Jean Carne - Don't Let It Go To Your Head
4. Cashflow - Mine All Mine
5. Joycelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy
6. Maze Feat. Frankie Beverly - Before I Let You Go
7. The Funkmasters - I Can't Believe It's Over
8. Meli'sa Morgan - Fool's Paradise
9. Keni Burke - Risin' To The Top
10. The Jacksons - Give It Up
11. Odyssey - Don't Tell Me Tell Her