Sunday 22 June 2014

DJ Grizz- New Funk 16

As followers of this blog will know upfront maestro SoulNRnB occasionally wears his Rare Groove hat, and now and again I, the old time connoisseur, will don my new music cap. Hence its time for some funk from recent bands in New Funk volume 16.

Brit favourites  the Baker Bros kick us off, there's Newcastle's Nick Pride, 80's mod band Secret Affair make a Hammond inspired comeback from a recent LP, Clutchy Hopkins employs old time funk godfather Darondo for some trippy funk, some Sharon Jones in there too, and ends with Essex boy James Hunter ...plus more!

I'll be back firmly into Rare Groove territory next Sunday... laters!

Grizz
   http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/65128522/file.html

The Baker Brothers- Make your move
Third Coast Kings- Give me your love
Nick Pride & the Pimptones- Take care of my love
Secret Affair- Black cat
Menahan Street Band- Ivory & blue
Clutchy Hopkins ft Darondo- Love of a woman
Sharon King & the Dapkings- Im not gonna cry
The New Mastersounds- Take what you need
Hannah Williams & the Tastemakers- I’m a good woman
James Hunter- Tell her

No comments: