Monday 17 October 2011

DJ Grizz - Soulful 80's Vol.13

Back to the 80's for more Soulful grooves to start the week.

We start off with our cover girl Grace Jones, then quality contributions from artists including Leroy Burgess, Gwen Guthrie and finishing with an 80's Soul anthem from Viola Wills. The mix also includes a funky track from Nile Rodgers the 'Land of the Good Groove' LP. I still remember buying the LP on import in 1983 from a record shop in Central London where I bumped into comedian Lenny Henry and we had a discussion on how good the album was.... a man who obviously knew his Soul music (and cheap hotels according to the adverts).

The brand new stuff still coming thick and fast from Mr S and I'll be back in rare groove niceness style next week.

Grizz

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TB0N7ZH5

Tracklist in comments

2 comments:

Grizz said...

Grace Jones- I’m not perfect (but I’m perfect for you)
Leroy Burgess- Heartbreaker
Spence- Get it on
Carol Anderson- I found love
Thunderflash- Coming from me this time
Nile Rodgers- Get her crazy
Jon Pierre Gee- So good to me
Positive Force- Time is changing
Gwen Guthrie- Getting hot
Viola Wills - Dare to dream

SoulNRnB said...

KATANGA my friend!