Sunday 29 April 2018

DJ Ridym - Rare Soul Mix 17


Jazz Funk is the order of the day for my Rare Soul Mix number 17 and what a bumper selection we have here for you this week!

Family of Eve with their jazz funk nugget Please Be Truthful is an absolute scorcher I truly never get tired of hearing this one. Fat Larry's TS Monk special is yet another diamond on this mix that's well worth checking out. We've got Cameo, Harvey Mason, Mighty Ryeders plus two from my desert island disc selection.
The first of the two is All Spice's Slipped Away which, if you're planning to get away somewhere nice and exotic just seems to get you there before you've even left! The second is an exquisite version of Where Were You When I Needed You with those haunting backing vocals set against the magical xylophone skills of Lionel Hampton just does it for me every time.

As always I hope you enjoy this one as much I enjoyed putting it together. Look out for Grizz Soul and SoulnRnB next. Peace

1. BB Boogie - Tell Him
2. Family Of Eve - Please Be Truthful
3. Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - Spread Love
4. Cameo - Is This The Way
5. Slave - Dreamin'
6. James Mason - Sweet Power Your Embrace
7. Harvey Mason - Pack Up Your Bags
8. Fat Larry's Band - Can't Keep My Hands To Myself
9. Mighty Ryeders - Let There Be Peace
10. All Spice - Slipped Away
11. Lionel Hampton - Where Were You When I Needed You
12. Weldon Irvine - I Love You

No comments: