Sunday 6 August 2017

DJ Ridym - Dusty Roads 3


Welcome listeners to a bumper edition of Dusty Roads where I bring you a mix of sounds and genres to whet your appetite. This time around I kick it off with a Congolese group I've been following for a while now they go by the name of Staff Benda Belili. These guys truly have an amazing story and there's a documentary out there titled Benda Bilili!  that follows their journey from being born with polio and growing up in poverty restricted to living in the grounds of a nearby zoo through to their rise to fame hitting the world stage with their own brand of funk played on some of the most basic instruments you could ever put together. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

I follow the funk theme with C.K Mann's Ghanaian anthem Asafo Beesuon , Hank Ballard's From The Love Side and some reggae funk from the Brentford All Stars.

We then throw some shapes with 3 three dance floor choons before I change it up and spice the pot with a few rare nuggets in there for good measure!

Stay right here on the Soul Mixtape blog and be sure to check out Grizz Soul and SoulnRnB latest mixes. One love 

1. Staff Benda Bilili - Je T'aime
2. C.K Mann - Asafo Beesuon
3. Hank Ballard - From The Love Side
4. Brentford All Stars - Greedy G
5. Blakai - Afrospace
6. Dego & The 2000 Black Family - Don't Stop
7. Aquanote - Only
8. Dwelle - Angel
9. Flying Lotus ft. Kendrick Lamar - Never Catch Me
10. The Stepkids - La La
11. Badbadnotgood - Time Moves Slow
12. Harry Mudie Meets King Tubby's - Heavy Duty Dub
13. Pariament - I've Been Watching You
14. Lionel Hampton - Where Were You When I Needed You
15. Melissa Manchester - I Got Eyes
16. Maurice Davis - Mr Lonely

No comments: