Sunday 17 January 2016

DJ Grizz- Reggae Got Soul 5

My 1st helping of Reggae for this year and my usual offering of Soul classics in a revival Reggae style... its Reggae Got Soul Volume 5.

The cover carnival starts with Norma Frazers version of the Aretha anthem, Cynthia Richards covers The Staple Singers, Winston Groovy gives us his take on the Holland Dozier Holland penned Supremes hit, Dave Barker of Dave & Ansell Collins fame sings the Stylistics and to finish- a slightly off script but none the less timely 1974 cover track of Bowies -Man Who Sold The World... plus more.

Mr S up soon. I'm back next weekend for more of the same!

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog

 Norma Frazer- Respect
Alton Ellis- You make me so very happy
Cynthia Richards- If you’re ready come go with me
Doreen  Schaffer- Ain’t gonna change my mind
Winston Groovy- You keep me hanging on
 Janet Kay- Wishing on a star
Ken Boothe - Lets get it on
Dave Barker- I’m stoned in love with you
The Wally Brothers- Man who sold the world

No comments: