Monday 12 July 2010

DJ Grizz- Soul Niceness 15

Hi again to all you rare groove n soul lovers! Its time for another installment of 'Soul Niceness' choc full of rare soul and grooves from the 70's and early 80's. As always the quality dial is set to 'high' with artists like Jermain Jackson (my favorite musical Jackson!), a lesser known but top notch Atlantic Starr tune, a Fat Larrys gem and a soulful jap jazz verion of the Bill Withers classic all feature.

Mr SoulNRnB is elbow deep in feeding bottles and nappys but has ordered a large jug of 'expresso' and promises to return at the weekend. I'll be back next week with some New Funk flavas.

Grizz

http://rapidshare.com/files/406652374/nice15.mp3

Tracklist in comments!

7 comments:

Grizz said...

Jermain Jackson- Where are you now
The Radiants- Aint no big thing
The Lovelites- Certain kind of lover
Atlantic Starr- Don’t abuse my love
Pat Jefferson- I’m gonna love just a little bit more
Jerry Knight - Nothing can hold us back
The True Pages of Life- Truth and love
The Notations - I can’t stop
Fat Larrys Band- Countryside
Kimoko Kasai- Use me

e-keane said...

Grizz,

Some tasty tasty tunes here. Colonel Sanders would be proud of you. This will be one for the walkman and work on my imitation of the Churchill dog...OooH Yes....head nodding good.

As for your partner in crime...yes he probably is in the s**t, what with compiling and posting just hours after his beloved has come out of hospital with his baby...a man who likes to live dangerously methinks.

We'll have to come up with suggestions for music to calm a crying baby or for the father on paternity leave.."Skipping Work Today" (Eddie Kendricks?), Jackie Wilson "You Got Me Walking The Floor"....just some suggestions.

Regards,

Eugene

Grizz said...

Cheers Eugene! If it was me I'd do a version of Gene Chandlers ''I'll make the living if u make the loving worthwhile'', something like ''I'll make the living, if u make sure I don't have to do much until he's 2''

LYSERGICFUNK said...

Very nice blog!
guido/LF from :

http://lysergicfunk.blogspot.com/

Grizz said...

Thanks Guido- some wicked rare jazz funk on your blog too! I'll get SoulNRnB to add you to our blog-roll

Grizz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoulNRnB said...

LYSERGICFUNK - Your on our blogroll. :)