Tuesday 20 July 2010

DJ Grizz- New Funk Vol.3

Another week's gone by and so far no more removed posts so, fingers crossed, lets get back to the Soul Love! This week another installment of newer bands doing the retro funk n soul sound (and doing it well!).

For this mix I'm going all around the world for a funk fix. Includes Japans QASB & Osaka Monorail, Finlands Soul Investigators, Spains Al Supersonic, Australias The Bamboos, UK's Speedometer and the Dutch Lefties Soul Connection. A real Globeovision Funk Contest!

I'm back next week with some chilled out old Soul but up at the weekend -SoulNRnB (and up every night til 2am feeding the baby I hear too).

Grizz

http://rapidshare.com/files/408017635/new_funk_3.mp3

Tracklist in comments

5 comments:

Grizz said...

The Dynamites ft Charles Walker- Cold Sweat
Third Point - Majestic soul
QASB- funk with me
Speedometer- At the speakeasy
Lee Fields and the Expressions- Ladies
Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators- Feelin’ free
Al Supersonic & the Teenagers- Lean on me
Osaka Monorail- Just being free
Lefties Soul Connection- Fais do do
The Bamboos- Another day in the life of Mr Jones

Jaye said...

I must say I really appreciate (and I am sure many others do too) the time and effort that you put into composing these mixes Grizz.

I do hope that there will be many more to come and as you said no other mixes will be removed from the site.

Grizz said...

Cheers Jaye! Well keep posting for as long as we can, trust us!!!

Grizz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cam said...

once again.....new funk! keep this series going please.....and thanx!