Thursday 24 December 2009

SoulNRnB's 11 Lp's of the Noughties YOU MUST OWN!


















So, 11 LP's huh? Yeah yeah, 11. Shoot me. It was hard enough getting it down to those.

I dont think theres much to say about the 11 LP's Ive picked except that:

A) You should own them.
B) There are no filler or half hearted attempts to round up the track numbers. Whilst you may not like every single track on these LP's, they are from the heart and artistically sound.
C) Having said that, I would happily listen to each of these LP's from begining to end.
D) Whatever Genre they belong to within Black Music, they are all Soulful.
In no particular Order:

The Rebirth - This Journey In - November 27, 2005
4 Hero - Play With the Changes - February 27, 2007
Raphael Saadiq - Instant Vintage - June 11, 2002
Masters at Work - Our time is coming - April 9, 2002
D'angelo - Voodoo - January 25, 2000
Eric Roberson - Left - June 27, 2007
Donnie - The Coloured Section - October 29, 2002
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol.2 - June 13, 2000
Jill Scott - Beautifully Human: Vol. 2 - August 31, 2004
Foreign Exchange - Leave it all Behind - October 14, 2008
Common - Like Water for Chocolate - March 28, 2000

So. Thats out the way. What I do have to mention are the nearly made its. The Other LP's that I just love that by all rights should be on a list of this type, but for personal reasons arn't.

I dont like a track. Dont like the Album cover. Not "Organic" enough. Too "Organic". Stupid ass shit that you have to nit-pick about so that you can make a list at all. These "Nearly made its" at least deserve a mention, not least so that those who don't own them can purchase them.

Angie Stone - Mahogany Soul
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show/The Listening
Blaze - Spiritually Speaking
Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
Earth, Wind and Fire - Illumination
Musiq Soulchild - Aijuswanaseing/Soulstar
The Sunburst Band - Until the end of time
Slakah the Beatchild - Soul Movement
Frank Mccomb - The Truth Vol 1 & 2
Dwele - Subject
Anthony Hamilton - Aint Nobody Worrying
Angela Johnson - They Dont Know
Bilal - 1st Born Section
Visioneers - Dirty Old Hip Hop
Glenn Lewis - World outside my Window
Amp Fiddler - Waltz of a Ghetto Fly
Raheem Devaughn - The Love Experience
Leela James - A Change is gonna come
Jauguar Wright - Denials Delusions and Decisions
DJ Rogers JR - Ecosoul
Jamie Hawkins - Jamie Hawkins
and Im sure that theres more Ive forgotten......

Enjoy the mix below of tracks from my 11 top LP's, and if youve got spare Amazon/Itunes vouchers this holiday season, you cant go wrong with any of these LP's!

http://rapidshare.com/files/322563829/SoulNRnB_s_11_LPs_of_the_Noughties.rar

2 comments:

e-keane said...

Gentlemen,

Thanks as always for your generosity and your contribution to my musical knowledge (& digital collection). I actually only own one of your selections..Raphael Sadiq...which shows when I stopped buying records. 2002 was when my youngest daughter was born...coincidental? Naaaa!
Alas kids and record collecting don't go together (unfortunately)but I wouldn't swap them for the world (might swap them for some good tunes!) I'm kidding.
Thanks again.
Respect,

Eugene.

By the way it's quite a "funky" selection...not what I expected...but I sure as hell ain't complaining

SoulNRnB said...

Eugene,

Your comments are always appreciated and youve been voted number one fan of the site for 2009 by me and Grizz. :)

I can understand not being able to buy music since kids came along, although that didnt stop me....Im a degenerate!

Happy new year back at cha fella, and stay with us in the new year for you weekly doses of the good stuff.

SoulNRnB