Tuesday 15 December 2009

DJ Grizz- Soulful Xmas

Now I dunno about you but all the so-called xmas pop classics that are played in every shop, cafe and pub at this time of year makes me wanna bang my head on the nearest wall. But don't worry fellow Soul-heads, theres some quality soul n jazz out there with a Xmas theme so heres a little mix of stuff i'll be listening to on the 25th whilst carving the turkey, shouting at the kids and waiting for the 'The Great Escape' to start.

Grizz

http://rapidshare.com/files/321259904/xmassoulmix.mp3

Tracklist in comments

3 comments:

Grizz said...

Otis Redding- Merry xmas baby
The Supremes- My favourite things
Freddie King- I hear jingle bells
Smokey Robinson & The Temptations- the Xmas song
Binky Griptite- Stone soul Xmas
James Brown- Xmas is love
Johnny Adams- Please come home for xmas
Lou Rawls- Merry xmas baby

e-keane said...

Dear Santa,

If I was really could could you leave your cover elf in my christmas stocking?

Grizz said...

I've had a word with Santa (he's a Soul fan too!!) and he says sez that after a long Xmas eve night delivering prezzies he needs to come home to something to 'warm his ears up' so that particular elf is not available.