Saturday 3 October 2009

SoulNRnB's I Love the 90's TWO















Another weekend Mix to fill your ipod with. Looks like Grizz was on to a winner with the suggestion of a 90's based mix as this seems to be popular!

Some more of my picks of my favourites from the era, including the great Adrianna Evans, a really soulful tune from Blu, The D'angelo remix of Faith Evans "You used to love me", and my favourite, Britains own Carleen Anderson with a big tune from her debut LP.

Have a good weekend people, and lets try some comments out eh? I hear Blaks Lair are going private as they've not been getting comments!

http://rapidshare.com/files/283923096/SoulNRnB_s_I_Love_the_90_s_TWO.rar

Tracklist in comments

6 comments:

SoulNRnB said...

1.Adriana Evans - Never Say Goodbye ft. Phife
2.Blu - Clap your Hands
3.Carleen Anderson - Welcome to Changes
4.Faith Evans - You Used To Love Me (D'angelo & Ali Muhammad Remix)
5.Dave Hollister - The Weekend (Original Version Ft. Redman & Eric Sermon)
6.Kenny Latimore - Just What It Takes

TheGuitarPlayer said...

Interesting

e-keane said...

Another I know I will enjoy. I haven't heard the Adriana Evans track. I rember seeing her years ago @ the Jazz Cafe. God she was good...and very easy on the eye. I have a recording somewhere off a film soundtrack, I think, where she covered, if memory serves me correctly, a real old jazz-jump style classic...Alzheimer's setting in no doubt. Anyone have any ideas of what it was?
All my tunes are in boxes in the loft. That's why I rely so much on you guys to keep me sane.

Keep up the good work.

Peace & Respect,


Eugene

SoulNRnB said...

She did record an LP of standards a while back Eugene, so there may be one on an OST somewhere.

Her first LP is a killer IMO and should be in every soul lovers collection. One of the first "Neo Soul" LP's alongside D'angelo's Brown Sugar....

Thanks for the comment mate.

e-keane said...

The wonders of Google etc.
The track is called Lucky Days and is off the soundtrack of a movie called "Hoodlums".
Now if only I could find the box with the cd, up in the loft......
Too much hassle. I'm just enjoying this comp as it stands.
Thanks once again.


Eugene

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot !!!!!