Thursday 15 December 2016

DJ Ridym - Reggae Rockers 5 - A Reggae Christmas


Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas greetings Mixtapers and welcome to my Reggae Christmas mix. I kick off the seasons greetings with a medley from Yellowman who whilst not being the best vocalist I ever heard definitely brings a smile to my face with "breadfruit roasting on the open fire, cornmeal porridge on the stove!"

Christmas dancehall style from Michael Palmer, Michigan & Smiley and Jacob Miller is then followed by a rockers rendition of I saw mommy kissing santa claus with the dub b-side counteraction then grab your partner while you slow wine to reggae crooners John Holt, Alton Ellis and Beres Hammonds lovers selection. I then seal the mix with some cracking Christmas Ska.

I'll be back with some RnB mix presents for you lucky listeners so be sure to check the blog but until then have yourself a very Merry Christmas!

One love and blessings to you all

1. Yellowman - This Christmas Mix
2. Jacob Miller - On The Tweleve Days of Ismas
3. Michael Palmer - Happy Christmas
4. Michigan and Smiley - Drummer Boy
5. Jacob Miller - Wish You A Merry Christmas
6. Johnny Clarke - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
7. The Aggrovators - Santa Claus Dub
8. John Holt - White Christmas
9. Beres Hammond - The Christmas Song
10. John Holt - Blue Christmas
11. Alton Ellis and The Lipsticks - Merry Merry Christmas
12. The Granville Williams Orchestra - Santa Claus Is Ska-ing To Town
13. Reuben Anderson - Christmas Time Again


No comments: