Sunday 13 December 2015

DJ Grizz- Soul Weekender Classics

Its the party season so time to let my rare and dusty grooves collect dust for another week and pull out some of those classic Soul party grooves from the 70's and 80's .... its Soul Weekender Classics.

A selection of familiar tunes for those of us who liked to get our groove on in clubs, parties and weekenders during the early 80's. Starts with the Mystic Merlin from 1980, Includes the original Issac Hayes 70's tune that Farley Jackmaster later gave the House treatment to, some great boogie from GQ and Evelyn King, an Aurra 80's anthem and we end on a Narada Michael Walden late 70's floorfiller.

Hopefully the music and the cover picture will bring back a few memories- thats the equipment us DJ's had to play on many many years ago ( I had a Cloud Series 10 in a state of disrepair in my loft that i couldn't bring myself to throw out until i had kids and needed space!!) You kids don't know you're born!!

Catch you soon

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog

Mystic Merlin- Just cant give you up
First Choice- Let no man put asunder
Issac Hayes- I cant turn around
Double Exposure- Everyman
GQ- Someday
Evelyn King- What you waiting for
Aurra - Like I like it
Unlimited Touch- I hear music in the streets
Narada Michael Walden- I shoulda loved ya

No comments: