Sunday 21 October 2012

DJ Grizz- 60's Soul 16

Its been a few weeks of setbacks with another file host getting cold feet over hosting these mixes but we persevere and hope my new shiney host will hold up and 'get' the 'promotion' message we are trying to share.

So my new beginning starts... well, at the beginning. Its 60's Soul 16 with 10 more tunes from the roots of Soul. Bob Meyer covers a Northern anthem, blue-eyed soul boys the 3rd Avenue Blues Band lay down a wicked little stomper, Karen Small borrows a little from Walk on By for her tune, and finishes with our featured cover guy- Willie Cobbs with the original of a big reggae hit. Plus 6 more old old soulful tunes.

Back with some more Soul covers next week. Up next- SoulNRnB.

Grizz

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/74826603/file.html

Tracklist in comments
 

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Clarence Townsend- I found a new love
Philharmonics- I need, I need your love
Anetta Archibald- How can I
Bob Meyer - I only get that feeling
3rd Avenue Blues Band- It’s got to be love
Karen Small- To get you back
Aretha Franklin- Cry like a baby
Debbie Taylor- Let’s prove them wrong
The Gifts- Lovin’ you
Willie Cobbs- You don’t love me