Monday 2 January 2012

DJ Grizz- Heavy on the Funk

Hello and Happy New Year mixtapers! I have the honour of kicking off 2012 on the blog and its time to shake the cobwebs off your dancin' shoes as we go back in time to lay down some of my favorite Funk cuts from the 60's and 70's.

We kick off with an all time fave of mine- the falsetto tones of Mr Renaldo Domino, Ray Camacho gives us his take on the Brass Construction classic, a heavily sampled Vibrettes and a Ripple funk anthem both feature plus 5 more rug cutting tunes to get you going after the holidays.

SoulNRnB back with his 1st post of the year before I return in 80's mode.

Grizz

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJJ4IJK6

Tracklist in comments

3 comments:

Grizz said...

Renaldo Domino- Let me come within
Rhythm Makers- Monterey
Ray Camacho- Movin on
Billy Garner- Brand new day
Four Wheel Drive- Fussin and cussin pt1
Joseph Henry- I feel right
Vibrettes- Humpty Dump
Ripple- I don’t know what it is but sure is funky
Willie Dixon & the Playboys- Lickin stick

mikecamel said...

nothing like starting the new year with some funk! thanx

Grizz said...

You know it makes sense! cheers Mike