Saturday 23 July 2011

RIP - Amy Winehouse

There's not much we can say here at the Soul Mixtape that won't be said by many over the next few days. They will mention the talent. The age - 27. Some will talk about the inevitability.

I think of the Amy Winehouse you'll see below if you press play. Not the latter sad figure, but that new talent I discovered singing with a style and range beyond her age.

One of my favorite songs from her (To be frank, I prefered "Frank" to "Back to Black").

RIP.



UPDATE: Saw this video of Amy doing my no.1 track of hers and was so impressed with the vocals that I had to put it up here. Watch out for a Street Sounds mix featuring Amy very soon. SoulNRnB

2 comments:

Jonnybiggood said...

Really is a joke what she sang!!!!! We will remember her for what she did good. .. on toast of excellent music.

Jonny.

SoulNRnB said...

Hey Jonny, I think were both in agreement!