Monday 1 August 2011

DJ Grizz- Reggae Versions Return

Good morning blog fans! Summers finally arrived in London so I couldn't let the recent version excursion frenzy pass without a visit to my Lovers Rock and Rocksteady crates for some reggae versions of old much loved tunes.

Jennifer Lara and Barry Biggs both cover 80's soul anthems, Paulette Tajah does Billy Paul, and we have Trevor Sparks' take on Jefferey Osborne plus many more soul n pop, reggae style versions.

Finally a 'big up' to the guys who organised a free family music festival in my local London park yesterday. They had old school soul bands like Heatwave and Odyssey on the bill and was a bit surreal 2 stepping along to 'Don't tell me, tell her' not half a mile from my front door but most enjoyable!

SoulNRnB up next and I'll be back with more rare groove niceness.

Grizz

https://rapidshare.com/files/3468076638/reggaeversret.mp3

Tracklist in comments

1 comment:

Grizz said...

Jennifer Lara- I’m in love
Barry Biggs- Love come down
Jean Adebambo- I wanna make it with you
Diana King- Love Hangover
Rudy Thomas- Shake your body down
Doreen Schafeur- We’re all alone now
Hortense Ellis- Groovy kind of love
Paulette Tajah- Lets make a baby
Jenifer Benjamin- The feelings killing me
Trevor Sparks- On the wings of love