Tuesday 26 January 2010

DJ Grizz- 'Hi' Records Mix

A slight detour from my intended post but since the passing of the great writer and producer Willie Mitchell a week or 2 back I've been having a bit of a Hi Records retrospective at home. Willie's Hi Record label (and house band- the Hi Rhythm Section) was responsible for that distinctive early 70's sound heard on tunes by artists such as Al Green, Ann Peebles and Syl Johnson.
Here's a mix of some of my favorite quality tunes from that label during their golden 1970's period. Southern Soul at its best!

Grizz

http://rapidshare.com/files/341456553/HiRecords.mp3

Tracklist in comments

5 comments:

Grizz said...

Bobby McClure- To get what you got
Ann Peebles- You got to feed the fire
Otis Clay- Tryin to live my life without you
Quiet Elegance- Tired of being alone
OV Wright- You gotta have love
Jean Plum- Here I go again
Syl Johnson - Could I be falling in lov
Erma Coffee- Any way the wind blows
Al Green- Oh me oh my (dreams in my arms)
Al Green- For the good times

SoulNRnB said...

Great Post!!

Grizz said...

Cheers mate! Blimey, that was quick I only just pressed 'enter' LOL

e-keane said...

"SOUL" with capital letters...my kinda music, and some version excursion as well. David Gold has obviously put some sort of smile on your face...and I don't mean his mags.....
Now if only the Hammers could put in this kind of performance every week.

Enough p*** taking. Thanks for all your hard work, as always.

Respect,


Eugene

Grizz said...

Cheers Eugene! The Bobby McClure tune is a deep soul stonker IMHO!
I'm hoping if the Hammers performances don't get better at least the half time entertainment will improve!

Grizz