Sunday 19 March 2017

DJ Grizz- Phyllis Hyman Mix

A tribute to the late great Phyllis Hyman now. A lady with a powerful voice and a string of club and ballad hits throughout the late 70's and 80's. She was first 'discovered' by Soul-Jazz great Norman Connors in the mid 70's before going onto great solo success on both the Buddha and then Arista labels. Here's a selection of her best!

We start with the Rare Groove/Blues party favourite in Don't Tell Me Tell Her, we've 2 Soul Club monsters in Tonight You and Me & You Know How To Love Me (an early formation dance fave!), there's the big hit Under Your Spell and we end on a great Bacharach penned piece of Soul in A Love Too Good To Last.

The other blog boys are back in town soon and I'm back in a week!

Grizz- The Soul Mixtape

Dont tell me tell her
Tonight you and me
You know how to love me
I aint asking
Hold me
Under Your Spell
the Sunshine in my life
If you ever change your mind
The love too good to last

No comments: