Friday 29 March 2019

DJ Grizz- Betty Wright

A nod to a lady now who's got a fantastic catalogue of 70's and 80's releases to her name... its Betty Wright. Loved for her raw 70's Soul hits and a favourite on the Rare Groove scene for her 80's materiel she started her musical life young- had a record deal by 14 and had a massive hit with Clean Up Woman at 17! Here's a selection of my most admired Betty tracks!
We start with the massive Clean Up Woman, there's her big ballad hit with Tonight's the Night, and we've the Rare Groove anthems in I Like Your Lovin', Keepin Love New and Make me Love The Rain... plus more great Ms Wright tunes!
Keeping the Soul alive Mixtapers!
Grizz- The Soul Mixtape Blog
Clean up woman
Don’t thank me baby
Tonight is the night
I’ll love you forever
I like your lovin
is it you girl
Smother me with your love
keep love new
Make me love the rain

No comments: