Sunday 2 April 2017

DJ Ridym - Chapter & Verse of DUB


Get your bass levels up and make sure your eardrums are prepped as it's Chapter & Verse of DUB with yours truly the resident dub chemist!

This mix has just the right selection for those of you who like your dub bass maxed out with killer cuts from my favourite sound systems Aba Shanti-I, Jah Shaka and the Vanguard of Dub Iration Steppas plus more from Horace Andy, Mad Professor and Power Steppas.

Mad Professor and Scientist before him were some of the the best dub producers/mixers of their day bringing new ideas with a wide range of dub special effects. I will definitely play something from Scientist next time out probably on my regular Reggae Rockers mix so look out for that one.

To end the mix I went with Roman Stewart's Rice & Peas and followed that with the Iration Steppas version. The Iration Steppas' exclusive dub plate cut of Michael Prophet's you been talking would have been THE perfect track to sign off with but unfortunately that little gem is an exclusive dub plate that I'm sure Mark Iration has under lock and key, but hey maybe one day I can get an exclusive play of it right here at the Soul Mixtape, here's hoping!

Enjoy the dub, Jah Bless.

1. Mad Professor - Afrocentric Dub
2. Mad Professor - Kathmandu
3. The Power Steppers - Aural Exciter
4. Horace Andy - Cuss Cuss in Dub
5. Aba Shanti-I - Ghetto
6. Iration Steppas - No War Dub
7. Jah Shaka & Mad Professor - Wig Wam
8. Aba Shanti-I - Tear Down Babylon
9. Roman Stewart - Rice & Peas
10. Iration Steppas - Rice & Peas


No comments: